Paul received his PhD from the University of Western Ontario (Canada). His doctoral work was supervised by Prof. Kim Baines and focused on the synthesis of neutral and cationic complexes of germanium(II). Paul’s postdoctoral work in the group of Prof. Ian Manners at the University of Bristol (UK) involved the synthesis of organometallic block copolymers and their self-assembly into complex nanostructures. In the fall of 2012, Paul joined the Department of Chemistry at University of Alabama as a new faculty member. Paul’s current research interests are at the intersection of polymer synthesis and inorganic chemistry.
Selected Awards and Distinctions:
- College of A&S Distinguished Teaching Fellow (2019-2022)
- Polymer Chemistry Emerging Investigators (2018)
- EU Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (2011-2012)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Postdoctoral Fellowship (2010-2011)
- Young Researcher Participant at the 60th Meeting of Nobel Laureates in Lindau, Germany (2010)
- Governor General’s Gold Medal Award for top PhD at the University of Western Ontario (2010)